This pack is perhaps what my Wastelands Pack was meant to be – to create a map of an environment with baking sun: good for cooking eggs on rocks.
All of the assets are packaged in two separate Dungeondraft pack files; the first file contains terrain with standard top-down lighting that mixes well with my other packs; the second file has a classic hillshade applied (sun aspect 315 degrees / altitude 45 degrees). If you want to make a map that has an upper-left light source origin the hillshaded terrain will be your new best friend.
The Dungeondraft Drylands Pack includes:
- 2 Dungeondraft_Pack files – one with standard top-down terrain and the other hillshaded (in two ZIP files as they are too large to combine in one, plus it helps to keep the two types of terrain separate).
- 10 unique, procedurally-generated, 2K high resolution terrain images in standard and hillshade versions (2048 pixel square images, 8 Dungeondraft grid cells = less seamless repetition).
- 2 of the terrain also come in 4K versions (the higher resolution provides more coverage and larger features).
- 13 special cracked earth terrains in color and shade variations (14 standard and 14 hillshaded). Some of the hillshaded cracked earth terrains can also be used with the standard terrain.
- 2 scrub vegetation terrain.
- 52 assets in total!
Terrain textures are designed to be blended together and best results are achieved with Dungeondraft’s “smooth blending” option enabled.
This pack is licensed for personal use. A commercial use licence is also available in my store.
The Rock Terrain pack series are – Rock Terrain Pack 1, Rock Terrain Pack 2, Water on the Rocks Pack, Wastelands Pack, Colorful Caves Pack, Horror Terrain Pack, Bloody Bones Terrain Pack, Ice Pack, and Drylands Pack. All the terrain packs, with the exception of the Ice Pack and Drylands Pack, are available in a discounted Terrain Bundle.
You may also be interested in Architect’s Pack 4 (Desert Empire).
Visit https://ko-fi.com/epsilon7430 for my free maps and to support my art.
Sample Maps: both of these sample maps were created in Dungeondraft using terrain from this pack, as well as assets from Architect’s Pack #1 and Pack #2. The maps were finished in Clip Studio Paint (added border, logo).
Further post-processing using Clip Studio Paint demonstrates the versatility of this pack (changed hue, added some fog and special effects). See my Ice Pack for more frozen assets.
|Posted by original creator|
|Name of creator|
Personal use only. Fan-Content sharing allowed. See Licence Agreement.
|Commercial License URL||https://cartographyassets.com/assets/26144/drylands-pack-commercial-use/|
|Assets used in Map|
|Verified to Work With||Dungeondraft|
Follow this creator!And stay updated on new content, blog posts, updates and more by this creator!
V1.2 - replaced licence.txt with Google Drive link to licence file.
V1.1 - Improvements to standard terrain (caution: the appearance of maps that use this terrain will be impacted).