Standards of Conduct
- If you are a creator selling content, commit to providing prompt support to customers who have purchased your content. Customers will expect a prompt reply, don’t leave them waiting for weeks, a good rule of thumb is to reply within 7 days. CartographyAssets reserves the rights to contact creators if it receives complaints that they are unresponsive.
- CartographyAssets follows an opt-in approach and expect the same from Creators. Creators must not approach customers about deals, discounts, commissions, or any other services unless requested by the customer.
- Creators are allowed to use AI tools during content creation. Creators must indicate AI-generated content by checking the ‘Used AI Tools’ checkbox.
- You can not use AI generation if the model has been trained using material of which you do not own any rights. Likewise, you may only train the model using your own content.
- Note that AI technology is evolving, and rules or laws may change, potentially affecting content ownership.
Permissions and Rights
- Only upload content for which you have the necessary permissions and rights. This includes content that you have created yourself, as well as collaborations with other creators, provided you have explicit permission to use and share their contributions.
- If you collaborate with other creators on a project, ensure that all parties involved agree on how the content will be used and shared on CartographyAssets.
- When posting content on behalf of another creator, ensure clear agreement on earnings and rights beforehand.
- Obtain explicit permission and establish a fair distribution of earnings between both parties.
- Any disagreements regarding earnings or rights should be resolved directly between the involved parties. CartographyAssets will not intervene in such matters.
- When posting content as public domain or CAL-NR (no restrictions), it is your responsibility to conduct thorough research and verification to ensure that the content is indeed in the public domain and not subject to any copyright or usage restrictions. CartographyAssets does not guarantee the accuracy of claims regarding public domain status.
- CartographyAssets reserves the right to investigate copyright complaints or suspected copyright violations and may reach out to third parties to verify that content does not violate their trademarks, copyrights, or any other intellectual property rights. This verification process may also be used to ensure that you have sufficient permissions to use and distribute the content on the platform.
- The CartographyAssets team may download any content to assess its quality, functionality or safety.
- Provide clear and accurate information about the content users are about to download.
- Include representative example images and comprehensive descriptions to help users understand the content’s nature and purpose.
- Avoid robotic, inauthentic or overly promotional language in your writing such as the description.
- If you choose to post content with the “external product” type, do so thoughtfully and responsibly. Ensure that the external link is reliable and doesn’t compromise the user experience or long-term access to files.
- To maintain a trustworthy environment, refrain from presenting users with different URLs or unexpected redirections after purchase. Consistency and transparency in providing access to files help build trust within our community.
- All content must have a specified license. While most creators use the existing CAL-licenses or their own tailored licenses, you are free to use your own.
- Customers must be able to view the license before making a purchase to ensure they know what they will be buying or using.
- If the specified license is not clear, and you do not respond to customer inquiries about the license, the CartographyAssets team may contact you or add a warning to the license information.
- For sensitive content, such as blood splatters, sexually explicit images or human remains, include warnings in the content description. Avoid using such content in icons or the first featured image. Be mindful of those with a weak stomach.
Rules for Selling Content
- When selling content Creators are expected to meet higher quality standards. Present your work with attention to detail and presentation. Be mindful about the fact that someone will purchase your content and you want them to feel good about it, not disappointed.
- Do not undersell your content. Be proud of the effort you’ve put into your creations and set a fair price that reflects their value. When selling your content it should always (regardless of being on sale or not) be at least €2,00 or more.
(This is to make sure you actually earn something, and we don’t just let PayPal grab all the earnings with their transaction fee(s).)
- Perpetual sales are forbidden. When content is on sale, it must be sold at its regular price for (at least) the same period it was on sale. Content cannot be on sale for more than a month at a time.
- For example: if a winter sale lasts throughout December, the content must return to its regular price for (at least) the entire month of January.
- For bundles: Because the product type “bundle” is not (yet) fully functional, you may use the sale price to show your bundle discount. You do not have to remove this “sale” after a month.
- Community posts should provide value to the readers and have a personal touch. Use this platform to share your creative journey, teach, inform, or excite others about your cartography-related projects or creations.
- Posts should not read like advertisements. Instead, focus on engaging with the audience in a genuine and authentic manner. Avoid robotic or overly promotional language. Inauthentic or robotic posts may be removed.
Penalties for non-compliance
Our rules and guidelines are designed to ensure a fair and enjoyable experience for everyone. Failure to comply with these rules may result in penalties to uphold the integrity of our platform. Penalties for non-compliance include, but are not limited to:
- Temporary Restrictions: In cases of minor infractions or first-time violations, a temporary restriction on specific features or actions may be applied.
- Content Removal: Content that does not meet the specified quality standards, violates the rules, or contains inappropriate or harmful content may be removed from the platform.
- Account Suspension: Severe or repeated violations may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of your account, restricting access to CartographyAssets.