Raster Graphics for Dungeondraft
RasterPainter is a mod for Dungeondraft that implements basic raster graphics capabilities in the form of a simple layer based editor.
- Import external files into your map (WebP, PNG and JPEG supported)
- Export raster layers to image files for editing (Export formats: WebP, PNG and JPEG)
- Use your light assets as brushes
- Full Undo and Redo Support (Requires _Lib)
- Draw and blend terrain seamlessly
- Layer opacity and tinting
- Layers persist even if map is loaded without the mod
- Position layers under or above objects, floors, walls or anything else
- Add overlays to your map, by importing fog, clouds or anything else you want
Download the most recent version, and unzip it into your mod directory.
Then install _Lib
Due to limitations of Dungeondrafts modding API, layers are stored in your .dungeondraft_map file, which will increase file sizes, save and load times, sometimes quite significantly. This can be mitigated to an extent by modifying the Render Scale in settings (requires _Lib to be installed). I’d also recommend only using the mod primarily to make finishing touches, rather than to build your entire map.
Also, please make a backup of your map file while using the mod! I’ve done my best to avoid crashes, but I can’t make guarantees
This mod can be quite heavy on RAM, especially at lower render scales, so be aware of this if you edit primarily on a laptop.
- Q: Painting is slow and freezes up Dungeondraft for a bit after every stroke
A: Unfortunately this is something I can’t completely resolve. To improve responsiveness, lower your render scale in settings
- Q: The ends of lines drawn using a brush have a line running through them
A: Unfortunately this isn’t resolveable at present, but if it’s really bugging you and you have a very good computer and a lot of RAM, you can set your render scale to 1
- Q: Drawing on a large map is blurry and pixelated
A: Due to engine limitations, raster layers cannot have a resolution greater than 16384 x 16384. To avoid a confusing crash, RasterPainter will automatically reduce the render scale until the raster layer will fit into this limitation
- Q: I tried using a custom assets as a brush, but the stroke is broken
A: Not all light textures are suitable for use as brushes, particularly those that have a lot of empty space.
- Q: I can’t undo or redo strokes!
A: Full Redo and Undo functionality, along with the configuration menu, require _Lib to be installed to function
- Q: When drawing a line, it doesn’t follow the mouse smoothly
A: Make sure Snap mode is disabled
If this mod has been useful to you, or you’ve used it commercially, I’d very much appreciate a donation to my Ko-fi.
|Dungeondraft Script Information
|Adheres to Script Rules
|Open Source URL
|Posted by original creator
|Assets used in Map
|Verified to Work With
Follow this creator!And stay updated on new content, blog posts, updates and more by this creator!
- Fix incorrect layer Z when exporting
- Fix brush endcaps becoming visible when not drawing at large brush sizes
- Add brush selection and opacity to eraser