Getting Started with Dungeondraft
If you’re new to Dungeondraft, getting started with the software might seem a little intimidating at first. However, with a few simple steps, you can quickly get up and running and start creating your own maps. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of downloading and installing Dungeondraft, setting up your workspace, and creating your first map.
Step 1: Download and Install Dungeondraft
The first step in getting started with Dungeondraft is to download and install the software. To do this, follow these steps: Go to the Dungeondraft website (https://dungeondraft.net/) and click the “Download” button. Choose the appropriate version of the software for your operating system (Windows or Mac). Once the download is complete, double-click the installation file to begin the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dungeondraft on your computer.
Step 2: Set Up Your Workspace
Once you’ve installed Dungeondraft, you’ll need to set up your workspace. This involves configuring your preferences, setting up your brushes and symbols, and adjusting your settings to suit your needs. To do this, follow these steps: Launch Dungeondraft and select “Settings” from the main menu. Configure your preferences, such as your default grid size and units of measurement. Set up your brushes and symbols by importing custom assets or selecting from the built-in options. Adjust your settings, such as your lighting and shadow preferences, to suit your needs.
Step 3: Create Your First Map
Now that you have downloaded and installed Dungeondraft and set up your workspace, you’re ready to create your first map. Follow these steps to get started:
- Launch Dungeondraft and click on the “New Map” button to create a new map.
- Choose the size and shape of your map from the options available, or create a custom size if you prefer.
- Use the drawing tools to add terrain features, such as walls, floors, and water. You can also use the shape and stamp tools to add details like doors, windows, and furniture.
- Add texture and detail to your map by selecting textures and patterns from the options available. You can also import custom textures if you prefer.
- Add lighting and shadows to your map to create atmosphere and depth. You can adjust the lighting settings in the “Lighting” tab of the sidebar.
- Once you’re happy with your map, save it by clicking on the “Save Map” button.
Congratulations, you’ve created your first map using Dungeondraft! Now, you can continue to experiment with the various tools and features to create even more detailed and immersive maps for your tabletop RPGs.